This training provides an introduction to the COS process, how to describe children's functioning in the three outcome areas, and explore the five areas of essential knowledge that teams need to have for completing the COS process.The training will involve key features of the Child Outcomes Summary (COS) process and required information to successfully complete the process. Participants will complete application activities and explore the requirements and resources specific to state policies about collecting child outcomes data.
- Explain why outcomes data are collected and their importance for program improvement.
- Be able to discuss a child’s functioning across settings and situations.
- Be able to describe age-expected child development.
- Be able to demonstrate how to use the rating scale.
- Be able to discuss when to complete the COS process.
- Be able to demonstrate utilizing the decision tree, a tool to help distinguish between the ratings.
- Be able to demonstrate how the 7-point scale is related to age-expected functioning.
PRESENTERS: Julie d'Aliberti, Stacey Vince
REGISTRATION: OCCRRA, ST 10121946