A District Leadership Team's purpose is to support instruction through data-minded goal setting, goal centered professional development and clear timely monitoring of progress. Goals have multiple components designed to make expectations explicit and provide a common focus for the district.
Goal components include:
- Goal Statement (Overarching goal focused on closing the learning gap for All Students)
- Strategies - How will the Goal be met
- Adult Implementation Indicators-What will adults to to support the strategy and how will the implementation be measured
- Student Performance Indicators-What student measure will be used to monitor the goal's success
- Action Steps-Steps needed to support the other parts of the goal